Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reading books

I´m reading the book: Ideas for a short animation and wow, it taught me a lot.
You should read this if you want to learn more about characters and stories. It does revolve around short animation but you can use it for every story.

I know I have to ask myself a lot of questions now about my characters and stories. To be honest I didn't have a set-up but the characters just came out of nowhere. At the character bio's I actually started thinking about them (and I was at page 10 at that point) and I know I should learn about them more so you know them too. If I ask myself those questions I will know exactly how they will respond in every situation.

I will think through my story a little more before I put it online.
Should have done this earlier.

Here are some questions that may be useful when you have finished a story.

1. Who is your character?
2. What is your character’s goal?
3. What is your inciting moment?
4. Does your confl ict rise?
5. What is your character’s reaction (not action) to the confl ict?
6. What does your character need to learn?
7. Does your ending relate to your beginning?
8. Is your audience entertained?

No comments:

Post a Comment